An Initial Consultation with myself will usually involve the following:
- Completion of a consent form, which include terms and conditions of therapy, and how your data will be utilised and protected.
- Discussion of the issues for which you are seeking help and how you would like things to be different, including your goals and best hopes for how you would like things to be in the future. This could include a wide variety of things, such as wanting to feel more relaxed or confident, to cope better with things in your life, or to overcome a phobia. Goals may also include wanting to change certain behaviours, such as to sleep better, to create better eating habits or to stop drinking too much.
- Gathering of general information such as your contact details, any history or conditions that you might feel are relevant.
- Discussion of how the brain works, how we experience emotions in the way that we do and how these can affect us and our habits, and what we can do to change these. Discussions will also include details about what trance is, and how it is a very normal and natural state, and what you can expect from your sessions.
- I will also give you an indication of the likely number of sessions that may be required, which will differ depending on your circumstances and the reasons for you seeking therapy.
- You will also be provided with a relaxation recording to listen to between your sessions, which can help you relax and reinforce the benefits of hypnotherapy.
The initial consultation is a great way for us to get to know each other and to discuss the reasons why you’re seeking support, as well as your goals and best hopes for moving forwards in your life. It is also a good opportunity to ask any questions about the process, so that you can feel comfortable and informed about what will happen and how it will help.